Last week on Thursday, Room 11 went to Southwell school. We were able to watch some of the movies made from HES students as well as students from different schools in Hamilton.
Here are some of the things that we enjoyed at the show.
- The red carpet made me feel like I was rich and famous (Kullan)
- It felt like I was in a real movie theatre (Bradley)
- Watching the movie that our class made was awesome (Tyler)
- My favourite movie was the Zombie one (Georgina)
- The Film Festival was really fancy (Chloe)
- I liked going up on stage and explaining our movie (Tylah-Dawnn)
- I liked the way their auditorium looks like a movie theatre (Racheal).
- I wish we had popcorn (Jack).
- My favourite movie was the Common Wealth Lego movie by Room 12 (Aotea).
- It was great being surrounded by lots of film makers (Brian)
Thursday, October 23, 2014
Some students in Room 11 made a film about Room 11 students participating in a H.E.S Amazing Race. We had so much fun doing the activities. Lots of students took turns filming. We hope you like our film. This is for our connected Film Festival.
Thursday, October 16, 2014
Friday, September 19, 2014
Saturday, September 6, 2014
Friday, July 25, 2014
Room 11 have been learning about Tessellations for Maths and Art. We learnt the following information about Tessellations.
A Tessellation is when you cover a surface with a pattern of flat congruent shapes so that there are no overlaps or gaps.
You will complete several different types of tessellations during this project. The following are some basic guidelines for producing quality tessellated compositions.
• Tessellated shape should follow a pattern on your paper. (slide, flip, or rotate)
• No gaps
• No overlaps
• No empty spaces
• Shapes should go off the edge of the paper.
• Outline shapes in marker
• Colour inside with color pencil.
• Colour in one direction.
Colour using a light/dark pattern.
We have been learning how to create a tessellating pattern. Here are some of our creations so far. Next week were going to make Pacific Island patterns that tessellate to make a tapa cloth. The following week, tukutuku panels. Stay tuned for which art work we choose to use for our calendar art.
Some of the goals were the following...
Practise my spelling words each night.
Practise my times tables each night.
Get along with others in my classroom.
The photo shows all our learning goals for the term.